Fax: (956) 585-6648
The following are the only reasons for an excused absence:
Medical Excuses (partial day)
student who is temporarily absent resulting from a visit to a health
care professional will be counted present if that student commences
classes or returns to school on the same day as the appointment and be
allowed time to make up missed work according to school policy.
returning to school, the student should present the attendance clerk
with an excuse or doctor's stationary within 3 school days to obtain
this type of excuse.
the secondary level, when an absence is unexcused, the student may not
make up missed work and could be subject to discipline for truancy. Some
examples of unexcused absences are:
- staying home to study or to write a report;
- going shopping, looking for a prom dress, or returing a tuxedo;
- going fishing, hunting, or skiing.
- oversleeping or missing the bus,
- skipping, or
- failing to follow your campus' admit to class procedure.
the reason is deemed unacceptable by the administrator, the absence
will be unexcused. However, if the administrator determines that the
unexcused absence is due to extenuating circumstances, make-up work will
THE FACE THAT PARENTS KNOW AND APPROVE OF AN ABSENCE WILL NOT ALTER THE FACT THAT IF CAN BE UNEXCUSED OR CONSIDERED TRUANCY.
- The following are the requirements for requesting a prearranged absence:
- The student must be absent with the parent's knowledge and consent.
Arrangements have to be made with the prinicpal prior to the absence.
type of absence is one that does not meet the criteria of the legally
excused absence, but one the principal may believe to be acceptable.
Some of the absences may qualify for extracurricular status.
- The method for requesting a pre-arranged absence is...
- Take a note to the principal for evaluation to determine whether the time and reason is acceptable or not.
the absence is acceptable, then the student is to take a note to each
of his teachers and obtain the assignments for the particular time he
will be absent.
- For such a request to be considered, the student must have satisfactory scholastic, attendance, and behavior records.
those in twelfth grade, if such an absence is for a college visitation
cleared by the senior counselor, the student must bring back a note or
letter from a college official such as an admissions counselor to
receive an excused absence.